Learning how to cook frozen chicken has really saved me a few times when we’ve had to pull together a last minute meal for our ginormous family. I was a little nervous about the safety of cooking frozen chicken, but there have never been any issues with getting sick or anything.
In fact, the chicken turns out great when you cook it from frozen! This is one of my favorite ways to cook frozen chicken thighs in the oven.
Removing the Paper from Frozen Chicken
You’ve probably noticed the absorbent paper that’s on the bottom of packages of chicken. That paper is there to absorb excess moisture as the chicken thaws.
It can be difficult to remove from frozen chicken, but there is a way to do it quickly! Simply remove the chicken-paper block from the package and run cool, not cold, water over it until you’re able to peel it off.
How to Cook Frozen Chicken Thighs
Once you have the chicken removed from all of the packaging, you’ll be able to cook it. You’re going to want to cook it two stages.
First, you’ll do one quick first stage that heats the chicken enough to separate the pieces. Then you can add all the seasonings and cook it the rest of the way.
Rosemary + Parmesan Frozen Roasted Chicken Thighs
- 2 packs of frozen chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 tbsp Himalayan pink salt
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place frozen chicken thigh blocks in a shallow baking pan.
- Pour 1/2 of the milk over chicken thighs and use a brush or spoon to coat evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes and remove from oven.
- Use a spoon to pull apart chicken thighs.
- Pour the rest of the milk evenly over the meat. Brush the meat with any juices and excess milk at the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle chopped rosemary, salt, and parsley evenly over the meat.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese evenly over the meat.
- Bake for another 40 minutes or until meat reaches an internal temp of 165 degrees.
This chicken is so delicious served with au gratin potatoes, roasted asparagus, and biscuits.
You can also easily adapt this recipe for drumsticks or chicken breasts.
This recipe is a life saver for whenever you want to pull together a nice meal at the last minute!